Front Porch Greetings. . .

 I’ve been noticing that this has been somewhat of a banner season for me this year.  In other words, I have made a lot of new banners.  Why stop indoors?  Let’s carry a few outside!

PicMonkey Collage

I have a couple of giant pumpkins sitting on a bed of moss placed upon my two urns standing as sentinels by the porch steps.  Now they greet you.  “Happy Halloween”!

IMG_2501

In case the kiddies ring the bell on Hallows Eve and have a bit of stage fright this old rake will clue them in on what they need to say.

IMG_2496

IMG_2495

I had to buy a new rat when I found this giant trap amongst my sisters treasures.  Notice that my cabbage tipped over, the dirt spilled out and it wilted.  I left it, after all it is “The Olson’s Dead and Breakfast Inn”.  lol!

IMG_2509

My friend, Joyce had more pumpkins than she could use.  Between hers and what I grew I filled every little thing I could with them.  I did buy the large gourd at Wal-mart.

IMG_2504

I filled a rustic wooden wheelbarrow. . .

IMG_2503

the birdbath on the porch. . .

IMG_2512

And one in the garden bed.

IMG_2523

my bike and birdie planter. . .

IMG_2502

Urns by the garage. . .

IMG_2505

Even my old shopping cart.

IMG_2497

I added my pumpkins sign and one of my windows.  yes, I collect old windows.  Much to my hubbies dismay. lol!  I plan to use them in an outbuilding some day.

IMG_2518

Hubby hung the ‘Dead and Breakfast’ sigh.

IMG_2507

And I hung the giant witches boot on the door.

IMG_2498

Up went the ‘Harvest Moon’.

IMG_2516

And a simple little orange pumpkin on a vintage plant stand.

IMG_2517

Out came the witches hat.

IMG_2513

And my fun black chandelier that I scored at an antique shop last year for $25.

IMG_2506

Now here’s the best. . .hubby wired it this year so that it actually lights up.  Love it!

IMG_2459

So I think we’re ready. 

Can’t wait to say. . .

IMG_2514

And here’s the big picture on a beautiful Fall day!

IMG_2522

Just have to buy the candy.  How about you, are you ready?

hugs,

Jann

p.s. I want to thank Kathy from A Delightsome Life for featuring my Primitives, Pumpkins, and Junk post.

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Common Ground for Be Inspired

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

22 comments

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh wow...it is great! I want that cart...love all the ghords. I need to do that with my bird bath!

Susan Shull said...

Lots of pretty things here, but my favorites are your old rake and the spot of color from your green cabinet. Cute!

Julie Marie said...

Eeek Jann!... too adorable!... don't be surprised if I show up at your front door on All Hallows Eve... I don't live that far away from you, you know!... maybe I could fly over on my broom!... LOVE your witches boot on your front door!!!... did you make that?... xoxo Julie Marie

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the shoe on the door and much more! The shopping cart, the wood witch hat, the gate, the rusty harvest moon, and the rake too. I will get back to you on Christmas. I already have my theme planned.

Susie said...

Jann, I love the Happy Halloween banners on the pumpkins. You sure have a lot of unusual decorations. Very nice. Hope you are enjoying some good weather. It's been so cold here today. xoxo,Susie

Shirley Hatfield said...

I am going to have to do a drive by and see this porch in person! Too much fun! I think next year I will grow my own pumpkins. I know I want to do a sunflower garden, so it would be a perfect team. Thanks as always for the inspiration!

Deb said...

Jan - your porch looks fabulous. What a treat for the kids to see it all in person. My favorite is the witch's boot. Have a fun Halloween. Deb

cynthia lee designs said...

Everything looks great!! I want to come trick-or-treating at your house. I don't put very much outside anymore...a couple of years ago, someone took our yard decorations overnight and they did it with our porch, yard, and garage lights on. We were so shocked when we got up the next morning to see everything gone. I do put a few things out on bagger's night, since we sit out on the porch to pass out candy to the kids.
hugs,
Cindy

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

What a great porch...I love how you mixed everything together. It looks positively wonderful.

Tarnished Royalty said...

Jann! Your outdoor displays look amazing! Jealous of all your pumpkins and gourds. You are very talented! Hugs! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Christine at Little Brags said...

so much fun detail everywhere...I love your porch and that chandelier is the Kicker....what a great find!!! Christine from Little Brags

Little Susie Home Maker said...

That is awesome!! You sure did grow a lot of pumpkins and gourds! I love the Dead and Breakfast, way too funny! You know where I live out in the country, I have had 2 trick or treaters in 20 years!! We usually go to Grandma's house and street in town!
Blessings,
Susie

Cynthia said...

Jann, everything you have done is so perfect. Love the banners and the wheel barrow filled is perfect!!

Cynthia

Rose L said...

You put me to shame (and many others out there). My decorations are milk cartons with faces drawn on them to resemble ghosts. At night, glow sticks or a small blinking light go inside. Oh, I did hang up a paper witch.

Kris said...

I love your decor!!! So cute! And your house is gorgeous!!!!
Thanks for your sweet comment!!!
xo Kris

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your Halloween and Fall decorations look so cute! Love all of the varieties of pumpkins, gourds, and squashes you have. Birdbaths do make perfect stands for pumpkins. I think that I saw one white scalloped squash in your grouping that I would like to slice, fry up, and feast on. Had to chuckle at your once pretty cabbage being wilted and having a second life as a "scary" part of the display.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love the decor, love the long halloween boot on the door, it is delightful, and it would look good on my front door...lol...phyllis

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Love the cute little banners!! Ohhh my....I may need to go make some for my outside now after just posting my fall decorations. lol..

MommyonDemand said...

Very adorable front porch! LOVE IT, thanks for stopping over at my blog!!

Micupoftea said...

Hello Jann- oh, how welcoming! Love all the pumpkins and gourds. What a treat to see the fun details you've added to your porch....such a nice big porch to decorate :)
S

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh Jann, I love everything about your porch!! you know that metal gate is one of my favorites of yours!!

Tea in the Library said...

So much fall goodness! Everything comes together to make a charming whole.

Instagram